Special Education Law (2nd Edition)
- List Price:
- Buy New: $56.01
as of 12/15/2017 15:50 UTC details
- You Save: $1.39 (2%)
- Sales Rank:1,194,662
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.14
- Dimensions (in):7.5 x 0.6 x 9.1
- Publication Date:February 10, 2006
Availability:Usually ships in 4-5 business days
With IDEA 2004 and its accompanying regulations as its foundation, this readable book provides the most up-to-date and accurate information on the laws impacting the field of special education today. This comprehensive book enables teachers and other special educators to examine current legislation from a historical perspective, and provides the reader with an opportunity to understand the evolving nature of special education legislation and how it is interpreted by case law.
The second edition of Special Education Law has expanded its utility by adding additional content, including:
- A new chapter, “Discipline Concerns,” focuses on the most frequently cited controversial issue in education today. This chapter on the consequences of undesirable behavior discusses zero tolerance, determination manifestation, and interim alternative educational settings.
- An expanded chapter on program development covering Individual Family Services Plans (IFSPs), the extended school year, as well as Individualized Education Programs (IEPs)
- A discussion of the legal requirements under the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB), and how this law intersects with the requirements of IDEA 2004, impacting the practicalities of special education
- More content tied directly to the standards and competencies of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC), Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (INTASC), and PRAXISTM
- More pedagogy. The authors have included reflection questions for extending discussion at the end of every chapter, additional case briefs, and relevant websites for further exploration.
All Orders and Credit Card Processing are handled by Amazon.com. ShopBayside.com is not responsible for price or quality issues. All product inquiries must be done with Amazon.com. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
ShopBayside.com in Association with Amazon.com