Strategic Sports Event Management: An international approach (Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism)
New (4) Used (18) from $4.00
Also Available In:
The hosting of sports events, be they large international events or smaller niche interest events, has huge and long-lasting impacts on the local environment, economy and industry.
Strategic Sports Event Management: An international approach provides students and event managers in the industry with an insight into the strategic management of sports events of all scales and nature. The framework offers a planning process that can be used to firstly understand the importance of a strategic approach, and secondly how to implement strategies that can achieve successful sports events over the short and long-term.
Using international case studies such as the Sydney olympics 2000, Boardsurfing events in the UK, US and Australia, Manchester Commonwealth Games 2002, Salt Lake City Winter Olympics 2002 and Athen Olympics 2004, this text looks at:
* The organisations involved such as the IOC, FIFA and IAAF, and their interactions with charities, teh media and promoters.
* The planning process; short term and long term benefits, and evaluations.
* Operational strategies including IT, communications, equipments and personnel.
* The importance of long-term as well as short term strategic plans and the impact of hosting sports events.
* Builds a conceptual framework for the planning, organising, managing and evaluating of sports events.
* International cases and examples, of both large and small sports events, from first-hand experience and research.
All Orders and Credit Card Processing are handled by Amazon.com. ShopBayside.com is not responsible for price or quality issues. All product inquiries must be done with Amazon.com. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
ShopBayside.com in Association with Amazon.com